Saturday, April 28, 2007

Chickadee Bouncer

We've been having several gold finches visiting our thistle feeder the last couple of weeks... their color changes are complete to all yellow now. This morning I saw a gold finch eating peacefully at the feeder... after I walked away from the window I started hearing a lot of "yelling" by a bird. I looked out and saw Mr. Chickadee "chasing" the gold finch near the feeder... which is right near the house that the chickadees have been nesting. Mr Chickadee was NOT happy that the gold finch was so close to their house.

I've seen the gold finch back several times this morning since their little squable. But, I guess I need to find a new location for the thistle feeder... I dont want the chickadees to feel "crowded" and not come back to the house.

No comments: