Sunday, November 16, 2008

Second Service Sunday

We all slept in today and we'll be heading to second service - even Andrew slept in, which is ReALLY amazing.

Work is really starting to slow down, although it never got very busy this fall. Between putting in a retaining wall along our driveway and the the weather, I didn't work very much this past week. I probably have two weeks of work left getting beds and containers cleaned up for customers. I have some winter arrangements to do for my regular customers and hope to do some for others through Niepagens, a local garden center I'm working at during the holiday season.

I've been trying to finalize some outdoor portraits that I took of a friend back about a month ago - I test printed them a couple days ago and I have more tweaking to do on them. The monitor on my laptop doesn't match the printed pictures, so I'm having to play somewhat of a guessing game at times on the strength of colors and contrast. The pictures look perfect on my monitor, but when printed are darker and have a stronger contrast than I want. I don't have the extra money to buy the software to correct my monitor settings, so I'll just have to learn to correctly guess right now.

I do really like the Santa picture I posted a couple nights ago - I'm hoping to order a large print to be framed and placed near our Christmas tree in the family room.

I need to finish my breakfast and get myself and the kids ready for church. I'm hoping to blog more frequently with words and not just pictures. It seems like I haven't had much to say the last couple of months and most of my posts have only been pictures - I guess that isn't necessarily bad, but it doesn't really share completely what's going on in my life and the lives of my family.

No comments: