Monday, December 22, 2008

Laurie's Birthday

We had a fun-filled day on Sunday celebrating Laurie's birthday... Of course, most of it was being at church, watching football, napping, finishing Christmas cards (yes, we're actually going to get them out this year AND before Christmas... WOO HOO!!!).

We were suppose to go out for lunch for Laurie's birthday, but because of the C-O-L-D, we decided to grab some fried chicken from Wal-Mart. FYI... not recommended... Kroger fried chicken is MUCH better and a regular pick-up for Andrew and I on Sundays for lunch :')

So Laurie enjoyed a very relaxing day of watching football, cross stitching, eating my fabulous caramels (they really did turn out VERY good... if I may say so myself).

We sat down and enjoyed a little birthday cake (courtesy of Wal-Mart... gotta love their cakes). Laurie had asked for a small chocolate cake so... that's what she got. Here are a few pictures from our little celebration (Laurie's crown was made by Savannah on the computer... I wasn't surprised that it said "Hannah" on it):

Laurie got all the candles out in one blow... 
the candles were suppose to be "relighting" ones, but... 
only one wouldn't blow out. That was a waste of $2.

The kids always love to lick the icing off of the candles... 
well, so do Laurie and I :)

Chocolate truffle cake... Yummy!!!

The kids always do a good job of wrapping presents... (almost too good sometimes). They wanted to make sure Mommy could play with them on the Wii during their Christmas break :)
I've already heard Andrew ask SEVERAL times "Mommy, do you want to play the Wii with me?"


As usual, I wrapped my presents for Laurie immediately before she opened them... some year I'm going to have them wrapped several days before and sitting out so she has to stare at them. (Yes, I did have them purchased several days ago)

Also, as usual, something practical 
(new everyday glasses that were desperately needed)...

And then something fun... a little (or a lot, as is usually the case for me) of "VS" for a woman's birthday (or Christmas or V-day or Groundhog Day or Memorial Day or 4th of July or... just any day) always brings some happiness into her life :-)


No comments: