Saturday, April 18, 2009

Dayspring Memories

Relaxing while watching a White Sox game... They're womping on Tampa Bay, so my mind is thinking a lot about my last 24-hours....

Friday evening and all day Saturday I laughed, cried, told stories, listened to stories, sang and sang some more with several other alumni "Dayspringers." We gave a 30th reunion "concert" (more like a sing-a-long) and honored Jeff Colleen and Tom Myers for their service at Lincoln Christian College; current and former LCC music professors who originally created Dayspring, a singing group that traveled to churches, church camps, conferences, NACC, and even county fairs, Disney and England. Dayspring ceased existence 10-years ago, but reunions have become a regular occurrence.

It was great to reconnect with many friends of 20+ years ago... I can't believe that it's really been that long. Seems just like yesterday I was traveling in a 15-passenger van in the heat of the summer singing too many times to count, but loving every minute of it.

It became emotional at times... There are many memories associated with Dayspring, Jeff, my time at LCC and immediately after... But, who I am today, in a large part, is because of the up and down swings I experienced over a 10-year period while attending LCC, singing in Dayspring and living in Lincoln after I graduated.

Jeff was such a major person in my life over those 10-years... He was always there and willing to help... No matter the time of night or his busy schedule or how much of an inconvenience it was. He was the first I went to in 1994 to talk about a major life problem I was having... I still remember sitting at Wendy's in Lincoln talking with him... No judgment, no assumptions, no accusations... He just opened up his heart (and then his home) to me. He will never really know the balance he helped me attain during that "life bump."

Thank you Dayspring... Thank you Jeff. I don't know what I would have done without any of you.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments: