Thursday, July 15, 2010

Too Busy to Blog

I've been so busy the past couple of months I've had no time to blog. Being busy, though, has been VERY nice. God has blessed me with the BCC (Bloomington Country Club) opportunity, another new customer (new owners of a home I have been gardening at since 2002), a better outlook towards my work and life and a very supportive wife & kids.

I'm now in "maintenance mode" in my gardening work... weeding, watering, fertilizing, replacing, weeding, deadheading, weeding, watering... You get the idea. Though, I'll still be doing quite a bit of planting at a couple of houses where I'm renovating/restoring gardens throughout the properties. Hopefully more on that later in the summer with photos.

Speaking of photos... I had the opportunity to do a few portrait shoots at the end of April and in May... It was SO much fun!!! But... then I got busy (VERY busy) with my gardening business and haven't had any time to schedule any more shoots. Sadly, I'm just now finding time to sit down and work on the proofs for some of those shoots :-(

I'm really hoping that I can use my time better in the future to fit both of my passions into each day. It pains me when more than a day passes and my camera has not been in my hands.

The four of us are planning a trip to Chi-town in a couple of weeks for a long weekend of adventure. Lots on our to-do list: American Girl store, planetarium, Field Museum, beach, Michigan Avenue, long walk along the lake. Laurie and I love to visit Chicago... the sounds, the business, the people, the buildings, the lake, the boats... LOVE IT.

Hopefully I'll be able to get back into a regular routine of blogging again. I always like to share what's blooming... and there is A LOT blooming :-)

No comments: