Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Happiness

What brings you happiness?
I mean REAL happiness?

But remember, don't mistake "happiness" for "joy." Happiness is because of what happensjoy is in spite of what happens.

So … I'll ask again … what brings you happiness? Real happiness?

But, after seeing the difference between happiness and joy, does it really matter what brings happiness? It almost sounds materialistic, selfish, or greedy.

It's kind of like that age old question: "What do you want for Christmas?" i.e. "What can I give you to make you happy?"

You see, happiness depends on something physical, material, or an action. What can you give me, do for me, say to me, buy for me … to make me happy.

So … I'll ask again … what brings you happiness? Real happiness?

Or, after what you've just read, does happiness seem pretty insignificant now … temporary … short-lived … meaningless …

Sure, happiness can "fill the void" of joy … but, it's kind of like using mud to do tuck pointing in a foundation. It's not going to last … it's temporary … it's short-lived … it's insignificant … it's meaningless … it's worthless in the broader scope of time and life.

So … I'll ask again … what brings you happiness? Real happiness?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: