Saturday, July 20, 2013

It's Been Awhile

Three months have past since I last posted to my blog... Not sure that I've ever let that much time lapse between postings. I guess having a real job has filled in some time I use to have for other things.

No major life happenings, events, disasters, or celebrations have occurred... Kids are doing great... Laurie is doing great... I'm doing great...

I have missed sharing thoughts, feelings, life events, pictures, flowers, family/gardening/life activities. I have continued giving time to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram... But those are quick, spur of the moment postings that don't take much thought to energy.

I've been in somewhat of a reflective mood lately... Nothing in particular, just reflecting about my physical health, spiritual walk, fatherhood, being a husband... The things that are, and should be, the most important in my life. Feeling convicted to step up in my personal life and be the person I should be... For myself, for God, for my wife, for my children, for my friends, and for my workplace.

Speaking of workplace... I LOVE working at FedEx Office. It's has been a wonderful first seven months and I'm looking forward to many more years to come. I feel so blessed to have found a job like this after being self employed for 10 years... It could have been a very difficult transition, but it's been absolutely what I needed. I feel needed, appreciated, encouraged, and respected. What else could I want? The work hours can be a little wonky at times, but... That's to be expected in retail.

The amazing thing... I'm not missing gardening or being outside all the time. I really thought once summer hit I would miss it, but... I don't at all.

So, life is good... And now it's time to get ready for a run. I'm about two weeks behind training for a half marathon in September, so I've got to get my head and heart in the game! The last Saturday of September is going to come quickly!!!

~~~~~~~~

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad


No comments: