Sunday, August 25, 2013

Thinking Time

The last few years I became accustomed to having Saturday mornings as "porch time" during the spring, summer and fall ... It could last for 30-minutes, 2-hours, or maybe 4-hours. But, a new job last December put a damper on my "porch time" and I try to fit it in elsewhere into my week whenever possible. Today is one of those days.

I'm sure I'll still find time for a Sunday afternoon nap, but today I desperately needed some porch time... My favorite Slacker Radio station playing (James Taylorish), enjoying my favorite drinks (coffee earlier, now ice water with a slice of lemon), reading materials, sunshine, and lots of thinking.

I try not to allow this time of thinking to be negative or self-destructing... But instead a time of reflecting, reviewing, revisiting, regenerating, reorganizing. Though, sometimes that can be difficult. Like many, I tend to see the bad, erring, confused, failure in myself much more clearly and quickly than anything positive. And today I'm fighting off some very negative demons.

I recently ran across these quotes... Each has touched my heart deeply as I've read them over and over:















~~~~~~~~

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: