Friday, October 13, 2006

BRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

It`s COLD outside!! That`s all there is about it! Down to below 30 the last two nights (low 20`s windchill), only high 40`s yesterday afternoon and mi-50`s today. BRRRRR! I`m ready for 80-degrees again!

I got in all my "important" plants Wednesday night - larger bananas in the ground will be left for a couple more weeks probably. All potted bananas (6 varieties) are in the house now, except one larger one is in the garage. I love my banana plants and don`t want to lose any of the ones I have:) I`ll probably just cut back and "bag" the rootballs of the potted bananas soon when I do the same for the ones I planted in the ground. It`s just so difficult to winter them over inside as "houseplants." Our family/dining/living rooms look like a jungle right now with all of the plants in. And actually... I will be bringing in more in the next few days. I was glad hearing Laurie's comment the other night when she came home and saw all of the plants, "It's so nice to see plants back in here again." Shew!!!! :)

Savannah has been feeling much better here at the end of the week, and the swelling around her eye is gone. It was so cute Wednesday night - she was having problems falling asleep, so Laurie brought her downstairs with us. After taking turns sitting on both of our laps, I agreed to go on to bed, and asked Savannah if she wanted to go up with me. She didn`t fall asleep until probably 11 pm! She and Andrew love to cuddle with us in our bed. It`s so cute!

Laurie has been staying up REALLY late all week - GRADING! Up until 2 Wednesday night and 3 last night. I wish there was something I could do to help, but she won`t let me help grade. So, I just try to stay positive for her.

It was suppose to be pizza and movie night tonight, but after getting just about 5 minutes into Star Wars III, Andrew decided it was too scary for him. Which is odd, considering how much he LOVED I and II. Savannah wasn`t too happy that we stopped it, though. She went on upstairs to bed shortly after her own little "drama" since she couldn`t get her way. Andrew is still down here close to following asleep, and Savannah is up singing to herself in her bed.

So we`re watching the Cardinal game now against the Mets (NLCS). Since the White Sox aren`t in it, I guess I`m hoping it is between Detroit and St Louis. Not sure who between those two I want to win the WS. I'll probably still watch Star Wars III after the game, though.

Tomorrow is Laurie`s big cropping day - 9am-7pm. She`s hoping to get 15 pages done. She hasn`t done as much scrapping this year, so I know she feels she has a lot of catching up to do.

No comments: