Monday, October 02, 2006

Fantasy Football Win (YEAH)

Another winning weekend for the Bloomington Bloomers in the Midwest Lazy Boy Fantasy Football League. I was somewhat torn, however, this weekend... My Bloomington Bloomers were playing Laurie's team (Sunday Nappers). Don't get me wrong, I wanted to win, but... just not very badly. And, even though it's far from what can be called a trouncing, I am going to end up winning by a pretty good margin.

Today was a BEAUTIFUL day outside!! I think it got up to 86, and was sunny most of the day. Tomorrow's high is to be 90!! SO much easier for me to work outside when the temps are up there than at 50!! BRRRR!! The tropicals still outside sure seemed to enjoy the heat today, too. I think they all had a good growth spurt during the day. All of my banana plants especially seemed to appreciate the heat and humidity... I watered them all fairly deep this morning. It's been great to see the hardy hibicus plants have a second set of buds/blooms this year. However, I can tell that the blooms are smaller... more of a dessert plate size rather than the usual dinner plate size :)

Andrew is Star Student this week at Bent... He gets to sit at a special desk all week and gets to be the line leader throughout the week, too. We sent a bunch of pictures today (Monday); Tuesday I'm going to go have lunch with him; Wednesday we're having a special delivery sent to him from Casey's Garden Shop; Thursday I'm taking Buttercup into his class for a visit and then I'm taking him out for a special lunch; Friday Laurie and Savannah are taking in treats for the class at the end of the school day. He's been so excited about the week, too.
Tonight he read two books that he brought home from school, and then read a majority of another book that we bought for him recently. I love to sit and hear him read a book to me! All you have to do is ask and he'll be more than happy to read to you.

More work to be done. My least favorite thing to do for my business... the books. It's pretty sad considering how much I love numbers. But, I guess it's because I always end up doing it so late (i.e it's 10:30 pm).

No comments: