Friday, October 19, 2007

Time to GET IN SHAPE!!

I just completed my third week of going to Gold's Gym. And let me tell you... you know you're overweight when you're doing situps and you can feel your neck (i.e. fat around your neck) move with each up and down movement.

Anyway.... it's long overdue... I'm WAY out of shape, and I didn't lose NEAR the weight that I usually lose over the summer. I'll blame it ALL on being 41 (that's very shallow and Laurie will DEFINITELY disagree with me... especially considering what she looks like... HUBBA HUBBA!!)

Anyway AGAIN... I started going three times a week the first week of October. I never thought I'd belong to a gym, but... I LOVE IT. GREAT variety of equipment (cardio, nautilus and free weights), aerobics room (I probably won't be in there much... but, Laurie might be), gymnasium, pool (although, it's down for 6-8 weeks for repairs). The first month I'll be going 3-days a week; half the workout is cardio and the other half strength. When the pool is open I'll be using it the other two days... until then I'll add a lighter cardio only workout one day and a lighter strength workout the other day, with more stretching exercises each day.

And can I just say... some of the guys in there are HUGE!!! Of course, that's NOT what I'm going for (Oh, can you imagine??? .... Hmmmmmmm....


HA HA HA HA!!!!

Ok, THAT isn't going to happen...

1 comment:

Vicky S. said...

Get movin' Mark!!! The holidays are coming and so are those extra five pounds! I began my "turn over a new leaf" about two months ago at Four Seasons and am lovin' my cardio with childcare :)