Saturday, January 03, 2009

Daddy's First Curling Job

I had my first "curler experience" this afternoon... Not too bad, if I may say so myself (see below).

Why, you might be wondering, would I be doing my daughter's curlers rather than my very capable wife? Well... Multiple reasons:

1) Laurie spent all day putting Christmas decorations away and I wasn't about to ask her to do Savannah's hair
2) I was the one who wanted Savannah to have curls in her hair tomorrow for church
3) Savannah wanted me to do it
4) I love my daughter very much
5) I love my wife very much
6) I wanted to see if I could do it (I like a challenge)
7) I like Andrew to see his father do things like this for his sister
8) To see if other fathers would respond with "Hey, I've done that before" or "You've got to be kidding!"

And what are we all doing in a little bit? We're all having a TEA PARTY!!! Andrew's response was "not me." But, I told him he was and we'll all have fun doing it, too :-) He just smiled at me and said, "OK."

I LOVE BEING A DADDY!!!
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

1 comment:

Jamie Temple said...

That's very awesome, and what good dad's do. I remember letting my dad wrap my heair in pipe cleaners for crazy hair day. We were both laughing hysterically, most def. a moment with my dad I will never forget. My husband plays house and babrbies with my daughter and they always have a great time. I'm glad that she has a dad that cares alot about her to do things like that! KUDOS TO GREAT DADS!