Wednesday, September 16, 2009

One-Upping "The dog ate my homework" #fb

There is no possible way for me to put this story into words of my own... So, I'll just use Laurie's note to Savannah's teacher:

Mrs. Young -

Do you know that Stanley Steamer commercial where the dog wipes his bottom on the carpet? Well, our new kitten did that to Savannah's homework. She was doing her homework on a lapdesk on the floor. The kitten hopped up and wiped her little bottom right across Savannah's lined paper she was to use. After Savannah's meltdown, we assured her a different piece of lined paper could be used. I'm sure you have had "the dog ate my paper" explanation, but have you ever gotten "the kitten wiped her bottom on my paper" explanation?

Thanks for understanding!

Laurie
Nothing like an impromptued scrubbing of the kitchen floor, too... She left a very nice long streak of cat poop from the basement door (where her litter box sits on the other side of) across the kitchen floor to the doorway of the dining room.

Laurie just brought Tumnus in from outside and wouldn't you know he wiped HIS butt across the rug outside the front door! She's in the kitchen checking him for "leftovers" as I type this.

I'm expecting our canary to start scootin' across the bottom of his cage any time now, too.

[Laurie just pointed a finger at me and said, "And if I see you scootin' across the floor I'm sendin' you to the funny farm." I don't know about you, but I take that as a dare.] :-)


No comments: