Saturday, March 17, 2012

My Garden Happenings

Here's a peek at what's happening in my gardens right now (and probably yours, too):
Daffodil
Daffodils are in full bloom
Garlic Chives (ornamental non-edible)
Garlic Chives (ornamental, non-edible)
Peony
Peony eyes are starting to show
Siberian Iris
Iris foliage of all types are growing like its the last half of April
Oriental Poppies
My oriental poppies never really died back this winter... I'm hoping for a good show from them this year
Summer Bulbs (dahlias, anemones, brodiaea)
I'm taking advantage of our out-of-the-ordinary high temps to start some of my summer bulbs (dahlias, non-hardy anemones, and brodiaea) outside in some nursery containers
Hydrangeas are also really leafing out ... A lot less dead stems this year on all of my hydrangeas.
If you haven't yet, walk through your perennial beds today and see what's happening... And make sure day lily and iris plants are uncovered and free of leaves and other debris.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone




No comments: