Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Inner Confrontation

Those who are peacemakers will plant seeds of peace and reap a harvest of righteousness.
James 3:18


Just read the verse above… I tweeted it and added "I want to be this type of gardener."

Felt cut through to my heart… When I read that verse this morning I pictured others that I perceive as true peacemakers and I felt so uncomfortable with how little I measure up.

Then I thought through other characteristics/actions I should be showing daily as a Christian… sympathy, care, love, giving, praying… I fall so far short when I see how others lead their lives.

•I'm not a peacemaker, but I need to be (I will be)
•I'm not sympathetic, but I need to be (I will be)
•I'm not caring, but I need to be (I will be)
•I'm not loving, but I need to be (I will be)
•I'm not giving, but I need to be (I will be)
•I'm not praying, but I need to be (I will be)

[My journal entry this morning]


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: