Saturday, October 13, 2012

iOS6 Frustrations

I generally don't complain about technology-related changes… operating systems, software, apps, social networking sites… when changes occur I roll with it and always have a positive attitude. My general philosophy with change has become:
•reset
•relearn
•reload
•return

And then iOS6 was released.

Wow… what frustrations I've been having!!!

There are four main issues I've been dealing with; please tell me I'm not the only one:

• More typos / keyboard errors - or did my thumbs get larger overnight?
• Apps are starting up very slow; FB, Twitter, IG, Evernote, and more
• Battery running down more quickly, have to charge at least once a day, sometimes twice.
• Typing delays and/or no response… keyboard will freeze for a fewy seconds while I'm typing, then start back up suddenly maybe entering what I typed while it froze, maybe not.

I'm using an iPhone 4 … my wife is using an iPhone 4S; yes, she is having similar problems, but has also had her phone go black and restart a few times for no reason at all over the past 2 weeks since she update to iOS6.

Now again, I'm usually quick to adapt with technology changes, but these aren't changes, these are technology-screwups by Apple.

Just in this post alone I've probably spent more time back spacing, deleting, repositioning the cursor to correct typos, etc. than in actual typing.

My wife wondered… Could it possibly be because of the larger screen size for iPhone 5? Hmmm sounds strange, but… was iOS6 for iphone created with the iPhone 5 in mind and adapted for the 4 & 4s? Hmmm… sensors on 4 & 4s not matching up accurately with iOS6?

Who knows, but… hopefully the bugs will get worked out soon. If not… maybe an Android phone or something similar isn't looking so bad after all.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: