Thursday, February 01, 2007

Bear Excitement

Only three more days until...

Is it a bad thing that I'm actually praying for the Bears to win? I'm sure God understands... He's GOT to be a Bears fan!! Don't you think?

I bought myself a new orange Bears jersey the other day... Of course I wanted orange because it is also a U of Florida color... you know... the COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPION FOOTBALL AND BASKETBALL TEAM... GO GATORS!!

Anyway... I tried to buy Andrew a jersey, but we couldn't find a store that had children sized jerseys... so a navy blue Bears NFC Champion long-sleeved shirt had to do :( The kids had given Laurie a white Bears jersey for her birthday... so we were all set. Notice... that I had left Savannah out. She was asked if she wanted a Bears shirt and she said, "No, I want a dress for the other team we root for." "You mean the Colts?" she was asked? "Yeah, the Colts." "Do you mean a cheerleading outfit?" "Yeah... I want a cheerleading outfit for the Colts!!"

So... guess what Daddy did for his little Princess the other night... Ordered a Colts cheerleading outfit, and even paid for 2-day delivery because I was afraid it might not make it in time if weather for some reason got bad (it was coming from Florida). Laurie started calling us "Colt-ilocks and the 3 Bears". I REALLY wish I had a Blue Bears jersey now for Andrew... because we want to have our picture taken on Sunday and a jersey for Andrew would really top it all off :)

No word yet on the bid I made... I actually re-bid it because I realized I was too high. I've made follow-up calls, but... we'll see. I'm putting a lot of time into getting things organized for Tropical Touch... I'm excited about making the changes to my business. I'm hoping that over the next year I'll be able to really grow in the interiorscape part of the business. I've been making supply contacts for the past week and am feeling good about the ability to get the plants I want/need and a wide variety of containers for almost every interior style. If you pray... please lift up my business for me. I have such a strong urge to go this direction with my business. I know it won't happen over night and that I need to be patient.

Business cards should be done by next week and that will give me something more to give than just words. And, though I've done a lot of outdoor containers with tropicals and annuals... I've done next to nothing indoors. Granted, some of my outdoor arrangements could have easily been interior... but I need some interior business so I can use them for my portfolio. I'm really limited on what I have done. At least I have a decent portfolio of exterior work.

I REALLY wish I could avoid doing flower beds all together this year... but... I don't think the new direction of the business is going to grow quickly enough for me to give that part up with my core customers. But, I will be declining perennial, shrub and tree planting... unless it's just a few perennials here and there. I really want to focus exclusively on interior/exterior tropical/annual containers and small tropical/annual entry and patio beds... and of course the weekly maintenance of them. Even if that means accepting new business and possibly saying no to some things that my core customers want done. Of course... I can always sub-contract work out... which is probably what I am going to do with some things. I'll oversee it, but I won't physically do it.

I never published better pictures of the kid's bedrooms... here they are... :)

Savannah's Room...






Andrew's room....





We still have to hang all of the framed train pictures in Andrew's room (10 pictures in all, in groupings of 3 and one individually... they're from a 2006 train calendar that Andrew had hanging in his room... he LOVED the calendar and I wanted to somehow use them) and I want to use some track and the engine and coal car from the Lionel train set I had growing up to display on a couple of shelves.

We also still need to paint several butterflies and flowers purple (with pink and yellow accents on them) to put on her walls.

Ok... Laurie's home and it's 6 pm... need to spend some time with her and get ready for supper.

Since I started with a Bears item... I need to end with one, too...

DA BEARS!!

No comments: