Friday, March 02, 2007

Dog Training Woes

Well... "it" finally happened... Yeah, you already guessed it. We've had a few accidents (Why do they really call it that anyway? They're not accidents... Bella is just getting us back for leaving her in a little crate while we're gone!!) We've gotten a little frustrated with her at times, but... that's to be expected, right?

But... isn't she cute???

No further nap-times with Amy Baby (Savannah's baby doll... see picture in previous blog entry) have been allowed. In fact, Savannah's princess couch was put into her bedroom. However, Bella has made claim to a body pillow that we've been keeping under the couch and the kids pull out sometimes to lay on (or use as their gymnastics pad). Savannah and Andrew are also learning that they do have to keep their things (little and big) off the floor. Savannah also learned today that her "secret hiding place" for her pack of gum wasn't that secret for Bella... she sniffed it out and had quite the fun time with it in her bed. Luckily it didn't stick to anything.


We need to really think about sending Savannah to make-up school... and I don't mean like a Mary Kay camp... I mean makeup school for like aspiring makeup artists for movies. Checkout the job she did on herself to make us think someone beat her up!!


Orchid update... check this out now...


You can't really see it too well, but the flowers form a perfect spiral up the main stem. It's brightened up our blah winter days.


My jasmine plant has stopped it's blooming :( So, back to using scented candles in the house again.


It's already started in our house... a few years before I thought it really would... Savannah made this sign today (remember, she's only 4) and had me tape it at the top of her bedroom doorway...


When Andrew got home from school and saw Savannah's sign, he decided to make his own and taped it on the wall beside his bedroom door...


Andrew also has entered the "kissing is so gross" stage. If he sees any kissing at all on TV he immediately covers his eyes and groans. Many times if he sees it coming you'll hear an, "Oh no" right before. He's told Laurie and I that he really doesn't want us to kiss him anymore, that it's just too yucky. He's also announced to us that he can't ever get married because girls are just too yucky. We'll see how long THAT lasts!!

Website for my business is up and going... it's all text right now, though... I'm hoping to get several pictures up on the site this weekend or by Monday at the latest. Website address is www.tropical-touch.com. It gets across the basic info about my business, and that is what's important right now. I also delivered display signs with business cards to two garden centers in Bloomington today. That's where I've received most of my business in the past, so I hope and pray that it continues. However, if I want "business from businsses" it'll take more work and better preparation... I'll have to start making contacts, calling, visiting and selling myself and my business. It'll be much different than working solely with residential customers as I did previously.

I'm much more anxious (in and good way) and excited about getting back into the swing of things this year compared to last year. Last year at this time I was very frustrated and I was dreading spring and summer. But, this year is much different.

No comments: