Thursday, March 29, 2007

First Interior Installation

I will be installing my first interior plants tomorrow (Friday) at a restaurant here in Bloomington. It took a little longer than expected to get all the plants potted up tonight... and of course there were a couple little "problems" (Isn't there always?). My containers and sub-irrigation kits came in yesterday and I failed to verify every little piece that should have been included... five of my sub-irrigation kits were missing pieces:( I called a friend who also has an interiorscape business and he is checking first thing in the morning to see if he has the pieces that I need.

But, aside from the little issues to be worked out... I'm pleased with the plants and containers. I purchased several new containers and will be using a few of theirs. I'll hopefully convince them to replace the remaining containers over the next couple of months.

Exterior work will start to really pick up next week... I got rained out Wednesday, but hopefully will be able to make up the time on Saturday. I'm going to be making a bid in the next week on a renovation of a small in-home atrium. It's something out of the ordinary, which is why I'm attracted to it. The home was built about 25-years ago and the atrium was original with the house... it's kind of the centerpiece of the home, I guess you could say. The current homeowners purchased the house about 6-months ago... they've put some work into other areas of the home and now want to restore the atrium to more of a lush tropical look it probably once had.

TAXES ARE DUE IN TWO WEEKS!! Guess I should finish them up and see how bad it looks for us :( I'll probably work on them this weekend. HOW FUN!!

No comments: