Friday, May 25, 2007

Rainy day bloggin'

What a difference a few hours can make... yesterday it was 90, humid, hot, windy (VERY windy) and now just a few hours later, it's cold, cloudy, wet, slight breeze. If I could have a day in between that would be great!!

I can't complain, though... it's been a good spring for planting and such. A little too hot the last few days for this time of year for several annuals, though. And the wind... WOW... some of the gust had to have been over 50 MPH.


Feeling less stressed about getting everything done now, but I still have plenty to keep me busy over the next week. I have to have all of the annuals/tropicals done by May 31... My first goal is always by Memorial Day (going to miss that one)... but, that's ok. One year I was still planting annuals late June for someone (but, that wasn't all my fault).



Here are a few more pictures of arrangements I've done this past week. They need a couple of weeks to start filling out more... they always look so thin when they're first planted. I did a few more conainers at this same residence on Thursday of this week... was to have finished everything, but the wind kind of cut me back on what I could accomplish. More pictures to come in the next week or so.




Here comes the rain again... glad I'm inside and not outside :)


Kids are doing so well with their swimming lessons... Why we didn't do this earlier I have no idea. As much as Laurie and I love to be in/near water it was killing us knowing the kids didn't know how to swim. Andrew has come so far in putting his head under the water... but, he complains after swimming that his neck hurts. We figured it out that it's because when he's swimming his trying to hold his head above the water rather than putting his face down into the water. He's doing better, but he's got a ways to go still. We think he just has very sensitive eyes... he's always hated getting water in them and really rubs them when he does. Savannah... she'll dunk her head under with no problem at all. She's already talking about wanting to be on a swim team soon... Laurie LOVED that idea... she has some very good memories of her swimming days as a coach and lifeguard.


Ok... need to get some other things done... hopefully the rain will stop soon so I can get some things outside. Won't be able to do any in-ground planting, but can at least possibly do more containers.

No comments: