Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Blame it on the Cold…

Tumnus is back to normal finally, after spending three nights at K-9 Country Club over the past weekend. He spent most of Monday laying around sleeping… must have gotten some good workouts with his "friends" at the "country club." We were THANKFULLY surprised about a couple of things after bringing him home:

  1. He slept through the night Monday night – after being gone from his normal routines we were afraid we'd be having to take him out 2-3 times a night for a few nights again. But, he slept like a baby!!
  2. Not a single puddle or poop in the house since coming home – he'd gone several days without any "accidents" (oh yeah, like they're really accidents!!) in the house before we took him to K-9 Country Club for boarding. We were prepared to take a few steps backward in house training, but he's done EXCELLENT!!

However… Late afternoon or evening Monday I took Tumnus out for a potty break. It had been snowing for awhile, and, although Tumnus usually likes to frolic in the snow when he goes out, it was starting to get quite cold. He was acting a little stubborn on the porch not wanting to go down the stairs… I finally convinced him to go down and we wandered up and down the sidewalk. Well, I wandered… Tumnus whined and kept running for the stairs. I finally gave in and headed up the stairs to go in when I saw the "yellow evidence" on the porch…. Where he had been standing before he finally went down the stairs. I guess the little stinker was tired of having to go all the way down the stairs in the snow and cold so he just lifted his leg on the porch!! I told Laurie about it and we laughed… but, then he did it again, and again. So we're back to carrying him out and down to the sidewalk like when we brought him home as a puppy. I guess we can blame it on the cold, though. I mean… I sure wouldn't want to go pee or poop in 6" of snow at 20-degrees and 20+ MPH winds!! After I shoveled the porch, stairs and sidewalk he didn't seem quite as bothered to go on down.


Today, though… the poor little thing… it was SO cold!! He was having a terrible time even walking he was so cold. I honestly think he was so cold he just COULDN'T pee or poop unless he absolutely HAD to. I pulled out his coat I bought him a few weeks ago (then all he did was wrestle with it when he had it on). But now… once he got outside… he loved it!!


Laurie made fudge, caramels and buckeyes before her family came on Sunday… I've eaten a REDICULOUS amount of it over the past couple of days. Hmmmmm… I guess I can blame it on the cold ;')

No comments: