Friday, January 18, 2008

Notes About Self

  1. I have a hard time spelling taikwondo, or is it tae kwon do or tae-kwon-do (Ok... it's actually taekwondo)
  2. I need to shave more often
  3. People take notice when I dress up now (compared to several years of wearing suits and people noticing when I didn't dress up)
  4. I love to sing more today than ever before
  5. A day doesn't go by that I don't think of my oldest sister still (22 years June 24th)
  6. I've lost 9-lbs in the last few weeks, but I'm not sure where I lost it
  7. I'm almost 42 but don't feel it
  8. I've actually considered coloring my hair (I don't like my "natural highlights")
  9. I still wish I would have gotten an ear pierced several years ago (Laurie says I can't now because it will look like I'm having a mid-life crisis)
  10. I'm looking forward to the start of my business year on March 1st (first time in a couple of years)
  11. Fine print is getting finer and finer
  12. I can't go 3-months without a haircut anymore
  13. I'm getting bored with "regular" Christian music (latest turn-ons [not all Christian]: The Fray, Mute Math, Snow Patrol (or referred to as "Snow Plow" in some conversations :), Cold Play, Rush of Fools, Augustana, The Afters, Lifehouse, The Fray, Plain White T's, Jimmy Eat World, Yellow Card [to name a few])
  14. I'm enjoying "recreational reading" for (I think) the first time in my life
  15. It's becoming more and more difficult and frustrating to define my political beliefs and align myself with a particular party
  16. I'm a slow-mover on home improvements (VERY slow mover)
  17. I'll finally admit it... my hair is beginning to thin on top (Grrrrrrrrrrr!! Don't worry, no toupee or, the other extreme, shaving bald)
  18. I still have some Christmas lights up outside and they turn on every night
  19. I become completely overwhelmed and stressed out with bathroom & kitchen fixture choices (which is why Laurie and I will never build a house)
  20. I want to write a book some day called "Everything I Need to Know I Learned From Gardening"
  21. I really miss a "team" atmosphere while working (I spend approximately 95+% of my work time by myself)
  22. Winter depression really stinks (although, I am doing better this winter)
  23. I LOVE watching The Weather Channel
  24. My favorite art is... Savannah's
  25. As I get older my to-do list gets longer
  26. More frequently I have to sit back down to remember why I got up
  27. Lattes make me feel bloated
  28. It concerns me that I'm becoming less concerned about the color of socks that I wear with what shoes and with what outfit
  29. I'm becoming too obsessed with Facebook
  30. Tumnus had "the surgery" this week... I gave him my frozen corn I used a couple of years ago (he ate it)
  31. I thoroughly enjoy wearing flip flops with wool socks in the dead of winter (a little bit of "rebellion" that I have left in me)
  32. I might be showing signs of "reality" overload... I missed all of Survivor China and all of Amazing Race 12 (we've never missed any more than 1 or 2 episodes in each season of Survivor and Amazing Race)
  33. My achy breaky body... 1-2 Aleves in the morning and 1 at night, 1 Zantac in the morning and 1 at night (or one Prilosec at night only), 1 multi-multi-multi-vitamin each morning, at least 1 Sudafed PE daily
  34. I am thoroughly enjoying working out at Gold's Gym
  35. I love reading random blogs of people I don't know (is that weird?)
  36. I am utterly disgusted and sickened by child abuse
  37. Recently I have had a constant craving for chocolate
  38. I love listening to Andrew talk about Star Wars trivia (he's well beyond what I've ever known)
  39. I'm beginning to accept that we are in Bloomington, Illinois for the rest of our lives (not a bad thing, but just really hating these single-digit temperatures right now!!)
  40. My wife is awesome (and very cute, too) ;)
  41. Andrew & Savannah are two of the best behaved, well mannered, cutest, loving kids I've ever known (how the HECK did I get so lucky on #40 & #41!?!?)
  42. I'm enjoying life right now...

No comments: