Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Welcome Home Mommy!!

What a wonderful site for Laurie to see as she walked through the door at Peoria airport...

"We missed you Mommy"

"Welcome home Mommy"

Two beautifully decorated signs held by two beautiful children.

Of course, Daddy was also very happy to see Mommy home :) Not just because I love her very very much or because I'm not a good single parent... But, because I had been down with the flu since Saturday. I felt better during the day on Sunday, which was a good thing, because I was singing a solo with the choir at church that morning and I wasn't about to miss out on the song we were performing (It was an awesome song and 2/3 of it was in Spanish... so it wasn't like someone could just step in and sing the solo for me).

So we've all had "it" now... Savannah and Laurie started it all two weekends ago. Luckily, Laurie was well enough to leave for her California trip on Thursday morning, but Savannah's lasted through Thursday. On Friday Andrew started to show signs of "it" and Saturday morning I woke up aching in every joint , stuffed up, fever, dizzy (more than usual). I felt better on Sunday... some of that might have been adrenaline, though. I even felt good enough to drive to Peoria to pickup Laurie (she was originally scheduled to arrive in Bloomington, but a flight got cancelled). But, it all went downhill rather quickly Sunday night... for Andrew, also. So, the men of the family hung out at home the last couple of days. Hopefully we'll get back to "normal" tomorrow.

No comments: