Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Advice to McD's

Sadly, I went to McDonald's for lunch today (yes, that's partly a guilty plea to my wife and partly a regret to myself since #1) I prefer Burger King over McDonald's any day, #2) I don't need ANY fast food and #3) I shouldn't be spending the money to eat out)..

Anyway - I ordered an icey mocha with my meal. And, well... Hmmmm... Yeah. Let's just say - Hey McD's... stick with what you know (or think you know).

Now, I'm by no means. A coffee connoisseur, BUT - I do enjoy coffee drinks A LOT (yes, I know, this doesn't qualify me to do reviews of coffee, but hey, it's my blog so I can say whatever I want). And, I must say - I did NOT enjoy that icey mocha from McD's one bit.

The reasons you might ask? #1) It plain tasted funny (Cheap ingredients? Wrong measurements? Recycled hot coffee from this mornings breakfast menu?) . #2) The person making it had absolutely no understanding and/or respect for coffee and the world that surrounds it (if you are a coffee lover, you KNOW what I mean) and #3) It just seems wrong!!! (I know, that last reason seemed a little shallow, but - am I right or am I right?)

Soooo - thumbs down to your attempt at being a barista, Ronald. Go back to sodas and milk shakes. I'll be hitting Starbucks or The Coffee Hound next time I want a "special" coffee.

Until next time, this has been Java Jive with Mark. :-)
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mark
I agree with your coffee comments. I tried a hot drink and couldn't drink it it went in the trash. I've had other friends try them and they did not like them either. I hope someone likes them they spent a lot of effort remodeling their stores.
Dana