Thursday, February 19, 2009

Recent Photo Shoot

Last week I had the opportunity to do a photo shoot for Doug Rutter, our teaching pastor at Eastview. I haven't done very many photo shoots, so I feel a little awkward at times... sometimes I'm just not really sure what I want for a pose or a "look." Or if I do know, I'm just not sure how to ask in a way that's clear and doesn't sound absolutely stupid and/or embarrassing.

And then there's the editing... WOW... so much to learn, remember, write down, save, re-save, re-re-save, delete, OOPS I accidentally deleted, retrieve from "trash," etc. I won't bore you with all the details, but at times I feel very overwhelmed with Photoshop (if you've used Photoshop, and especially if you've tried to learn on your own, you TOTALLY understand what I mean)... and then all of a sudden it clicks. Then I'm on to the next project "lesson" and within 30-minutes I'm feeling like I've taken two-steps back. But, with a little perseverance and patience (a couple of disciplines I tend to forget to use) I've taken three-steps forward. I definitely feel like I'm in school again trying to learn photography and editing, but I'M LOVING IT

So, anyway... here's a slideshow of the "finished" photos I gave to Doug (not sure yet if these are the final products or not).

If any of you have comments & criticisms on the photos, PLEASE SPEAK UP by commenting to this entry below or on the photos themselves at flickr.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice first set- good directional light, great light in his eyes, and the posing is better than most who have had only a few sessions- especially for posing a guy, one of the most difficult subjects, it seems when starting out.

Next step- figuring out how to get that same directional light after moving to the next location. :)