Friday, February 13, 2009

My 25

There is a phenomenon sweeping the nation... or at least Facebook. Everyone has been posting "25 Random Things" about themselves. I was getting "tagged" almost daily for awhile... meaning I was being requested to post my "25." Well... I ignored them all. And, reading them had no interest to me... until I finally read a friend's the other day. I thought I knew him well, but most of his "25" I wasn't aware about. So, I read another friend's. And another's. And another's. And another's. Ok, I don't know everything about my friends that I thought I did. Then I wondered... what do they really know about me?

At first I was going to just refer everyone to my blog post "Notes About Self" from January 2008. But, then I thought... I wonder how fast I can think up a fresh "My 25?" So, I started typing and I whipped it out in less than 10-minutes...
  1. I don’t like to hold other people’s babies
  2. I love coffee… black coffee
  3. I love looking at and shooting black & white photography
  4. I ate my buggars when I was a kid
  5. I like listening to a baseball game on the radio
  6. I think about my sister Caryl every day since she died in June, 1986
  7. Watching someone eat with their mouth open disgusts me
  8. I hate guns
  9. I like pasta, pork, chicken, pastries, chocolate, seafood, ribs, eggs & bacon, grilled sandwiches, white rice, Italian food in general, popcorn... but HATE casseroles and cooked vegetables (except corn)
  10. I love celtic music, celtic dance and celtic history
  11. My favorite stuffed animal growing up was my panda, oddly named “Pandy”
  12. I’m shy and introverted
  13. I’m a thinker, dreamer and starter, but I have trouble finishing
  14. I want to write a book called “Everything I Need To Know I Learned From Gardening”
  15. My favorite singer of all time is Frank Sinatra (Yes, I cried the day he died)
  16. I can get caught up in details sometimes
  17. I’m not a Republican, I’m not a Democrat… I’m a Repubocrat or Demoblican
  18. My favorite radio station is 720 WGN
  19. Music (need I say more?)
  20. I want to travel all over Italy & Ireland
  21. I’m scared of the dark
  22. I love to eat out
  23. I can waste time very easily
  24. I don’t like high, open small places
  25. I want to learn to sail & own a sailboat 
Well... now that I've proven my #23, I guess I should get back to doing something productive.

No comments: