Monday, April 28, 2008

Current Weather & Tropical Plants

Ok, so I'm sitting here staring outside watching it rain, sleet and snow all at the same time. Pretty amazing, actually... except, I can't work when it's like this. I pretty much wrote off my day early after doing some interior plant maintenance at a local restaurant.

Ok, so a few minutes later... the sun is out. Which makes me a little happier, but... I need more than JUST SUN.... I need it to be 70-80 degrees, too!!

About 10-days ago I placed a few of my tropical plants out on our front porch... Jasmine bush, Allamanda bush, Citrus tree, Chinese evergreen, Little Prince banana. They were loving it until... Saturday morning :'( All did well with the colder weather except for the Allamanda. They stayed outside until early this afternoon. After sitting in a greenhouse at a local garden center completing my massive tropical plant order from Florida and watching/listening to the sleet hit the the top of the greenhouse... I decided I should stop at home and take in the plants. Luckily, our single orange was still hanging on... the kids will be very glad about that (we had two, but... I knocked one off while taking it outside).

No comments: