Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Weightless Worries & Woes

Isn't it amazing how "weightless worries & woes" can lay so heavily on your heart?
  • money & debt
  • unsaid apologies
  • taxes
  • misspoken words to others
  • unfinished to-do lists
  • unforgiveness
  • mismanagement of time
  • ...

I'm feeling very heavy in my heart today; anxiety. Mismanagement of time, unfinished to-do lists, money and taxes are my worries.

I had a busy to-do list on Monday, which kept me from working. It wasn't any big concern since I'd be busy the rest of the week. To-do list (personal and work) was barely touched because of errands. No problem, I can do them the next day, because...

90% chance of rain for Tuesday, so... in error (hindsight is 20/20) I stayed home and did bookwork & billing for March and WAITED for the rain to FINALLY appear for a short time about 2:30. Needless to say, I could have been working all day. No problem, I still have Wednesday-Friday. I stay up late Tuesday night to work on taxes (something I should have done in January)... Arrrgh, it's taking longer than I thought, and I've got a lot of work to do on them. Then...

I got up this morning and Andrew has a fever and sore throat; Laurie is traveling out of town and her plans cannot be rescheduled. So... again, I'm home for the day and no work (i.e. no money earned). There are plenty of to-do things around the house, but I selfishly choose to waste time. Then...

I see the weather forecast for Thursday... 90% chance of rain with severe storms all day. My week is slipping away and not a single billable hour yet. I reschedule my Wednesday work for Thursday (hoping for that 10% chance of no rain). I promise my customer I'll be there rain or shine. I also hope Andrew is better and can go to school.

Lord... take this heaviness off my heart... help me to trust that you're in control and that you will provide. Help me to use my time wisely with my work, my family, my finances and my household duties.

I Peter 5

6 So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor. 7 Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.

No comments: