Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Color Problems With Photos

Grrrrrrrrrrrr... I'm so frustrated right now. I picked up some pictures today that I had "test printed" at Walgreen. WOW is my monitor coloring B-A-D!!! I thought for sure that I had corrected my "red" problem in my pictures by just being more careful using "saturation" and "shadows/highlights," but... as I went through the pictures that I had used in Photoshop Elements there were severe red and green issues. It was usually skin-tone related, but also flowers that should have been more of a pink or light red ended up RED RED RED. A few of these pictures I thought were ready to be printed through a professional photo lab, but... NOPE. GRRRRRRRR!!! Back to the drawing board.

I had just been talking with a friend about software/hardware to calibrate my monitor coloring and now I'm definitely convinced that I need it. So, I've been searching and reading all evening online trying to decide on an affordable but accurate calibration tool. I think I've found it, but... it's more than I wanted to spend (I'm finding that it's ALWAYS that way with photography).

Other happenings lately...

Work has slowed to a record pace. And, with my current customer-load, it's not going to improve any time soon. In fact, my fall planting/maintenance schedule slowed before it even started due to some news in the last couple of days. I'm hoping for some "new" business soon to make up for some lost hours. Looks like it's back to "Gardener For Hire" (my original business name) rather than "Tropical Touch." If you're a praying person, please keep me and my business in your prayers.

No comments: