Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Fall Schedule Starts Today

Wow - what a gorgeous morning! A completely blue sky, cool (60), humid (90%) and no wind. This is like a perfect morning for me to sit on my back patio beside my pond with a cup of coffee (Kona is the brew of the day). So - I am :)

I love hearing the sound of my waterfall and spitting frog - my pond is FINALLY clear and the muck on the bottom is almost all gone. Better late than never I guess.

Well, today begins our "Fall Schedule" - Laurie heads to work today for her first day back; meetings all day (she's very excited;) ). So, I'm at home with the kids - they start school next Thursday the 21st (half day).

We'll probably go to a park for a time today, but my main task today is putting together a talk on "Caring For And Wintering Over Tropical Plants" for a Master Gardener class Thursday night. So, that means I'll be at my laptop most of the day working on a power point presentation using a lot pictures from the past couple-three years. A friend at a nearby garden center is letting me borrow several tropical plants from his store for the talk.

I can already see that some of my summer annuals (i.e. geraniums) are beginning to lose energy - foliage color changing slightly and flower are getting less full somewhat. They usually keep going strong thru August and into September, but - every year is different. I'm just thankful I didn't have the vole problem this year at the one house (cross my fingers). That was VERY frustrating last year.

Sprinkler rotation has begun in my beds and the back is next after the front, so I should go. I need to get the kids their breakfast, too.

What a perfect day for our fall schedule to begin.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments: