Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Happy 6th Birthday Princess!!!

Our little princess turns SIX today...

Since getting up this morning I've been replaying memories from six years ago...


Laurie knew early in the day that "it" was starting. But, she chose not to say anything and began her day, just in case it was a false alarm. Classes at ISU were just beginning for the fall semester and she wanted to get things started herself and tie up any loose ends. She showed up at the bank about 4 pm... Some small talk, then, "If you have anything that needs to get done, get it done, because we're going to have a baby tonight." Of course, I didn't catch what she meant at first (I'm such a guy, huh? DUH!). Then I figured it out... I need to be home as soon as possible after work.


An aunt of Laurie's came by and picked up Andrew about 6 pm... we waited patiently to not rush in too quickly. Then about 8 pm we decided it was time to head in. And, although the nurses made several attempts to get the doctor into the hospital, he took his time (he said he wanted to be certain she was really ready... DUH!!! SHE WAS READY!!!). By the time he showed up about 11:15 pm the nurses were, to say it kindly, TICKED. We were NOT happy campers either - the delivery was suppose to be a c-section, but everything was moving very quickly and the doctor was moving too slowly. I remember at one point saying to the nurses, "We WILL have this baby before midnight." Not only was I concerned about Laurie's physical condition, I didn't want my two kids sharing the same birthday... how selfish of me, huh? :')


So... our little princess was born. We cried like it was our first... and six years later I still get choked up thinking back to that moment God blessed us by bringing Savannah into our little world. And He continues to bless us daily with her beauty, loving heart, gentle spirit, creative mind and cheery smiles.

We are SO blessed :-)

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Totally Awesome Honey!