Saturday, June 20, 2009

Laurie/Morocco Update #2

I received word this morning about 2:00 (while sleeping in a chair) that Laurie and her group made it safely to Madrid, Spain. After a few hour lay over, they were to depart for Casablanca at 12:55 p.m. (5:55 a.m. local time). Then I received notice at about 9:15 a.m. that they had arrived in Casablanca. They'll take it easy today and spend the night at Ibis Hotel. They'll take a train (3-hour trip) to Meknes on Sunday.

I can imagine Laurie is pretty wiped right now, and time will give her a little problem. Although, she's a sleeper while traveling (with the help of Dramamine) so if she got enough sleep on the long flight, she might be raring to go :-)

Back on the home front... We watched Star Wars III last night. We all got up without any problems this morning... We (including Tumnus) took Savannah to her first church camp experience at Eastview's Kidsview day camp at East Bay Camp on Lake Bloomington. She was very excited about going.

Andrew and I are hanging at home right now... I'm relaxing by our pond while Andrew is playing around the yard... Bubble blowing, insect finding, dirt digging, question asking... LOVING life right this second!!! :-)

We're headed to get him a haircut later, then on to the pool this afternoon. We'll pickup Savannah at 4:00 and then on to Barnes and Noble... I promised Savannah we'd go there this weekend so she can use her gift card the Easter Bunny brought her :-)


Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

1 comment:

Lori said...

So what exactly are the rules I should be following about sending you updates? Are you wanting me to text you in the middle of the night if I hear from them, or wait until morning?

I did not sleep well at all. I feel like Mr. Tumnus below.