Monday, June 29, 2009

Laurie/Morocco Update #8

Here is an email I received Sunday from the wife of the group leader:

"The group has completed the work at Village of Hope and are now heading back. They have made it safely to Meknes and were going to the Market and to supper. The group is doing well but they are tired. I am sure both the group and the loved ones back here are looking forward to seeing."

I sent a text to Laurie (once again thru Brian's phone... Yes, we're going to owe Brian & Lori a dinner for the use of Brian's phone for our few communications) just to let her know I got the kids switched to her parents and that we missed her. I received a text back a couple hours later:

"Great to hear u r doing fine. Miss u too. Ready to come home but having a great time. Pray I can find something for Andrew tomorrow in Casa [Casablanca] & team unity till end. Save all emails from Bill for scrapbooking. Luv Me"

Just like Laurie... Thinking of scrapbooking in Morocco :-)

It's been a long last couple of nights... I'm very ready for Laurie to come home. I'm anxious to hear all about her time there. We're definitely going to need some time without the kids around so she can tell me everything... Away from the TV out somewhere else. And photos... I can hardly wait to see her photos.

Wow, I miss her... Getting a heavy hurt in my chest right now. It's one of those moments I've had a few times while she's been gone that I just wanted to call her or send her BB Msg. But, I can't. That's hard. Laurie and I communicate all day every day by our phones. Some people don't understand that but that's what keeps us so connected all day. (Ok, our love is what keeps us connected, but you know what I mean) Little messages, a quick phone call, a simple "how's it goin" by text.

Ok... I need to get going with my day. I'm being very lazy this morning.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments: