Sunday, June 21, 2009

Laurie/Morocco Update #3

Laurie and the team made it to Meknes by train without any problems, tho... I'm eagerly waiting to hear what the train ride was like. I'm assuming it was similar to our train ride in 1996 from Vienna, Austria to Budapest, Hungary... Quite different than our air-conditioned Amtrak trains.

From what we understand by a short text from Brian (the assistant leader) to his wife Lori, they hit up a McD's in Meknes for a meal... I had to crack up at that. When we were in Vienna and Budapest we had the hardest time getting ice in our drinks, even at McD's... I'm assuming they had the same problem in Morocco.

I received a quick text from Laurie this morning while at church (by way of Brian's phone): "Hey good lookin. We're in Meknes visiting with Matt n Nancy. Hope all is well with you. Luv u. Have a great Sunday. Luv u n miss you."

Due to rain the kids and I had to have our picnic indoors in front of the TV while watching the US Open & Indy car racing. After a short nap time, we headed to Miller Park Zoo... Even though the kids have each been there they didn't remember much of it. It doesn't take much time to go through, but it's always worth. And, because it was Father's Day, I got in free. :-)

The best part of the zoo was the kids getting to feed the budgies and finches in a flight room. They loved it! Although, Savannah wasn't too pleased with the sharp claws of the budgies. Andrew talked the leg off a zoo employee and blew her away with his statements and questions about a tortoise she was walking around in an open grass area. He should be working there!!

After the zoo we walked over the play area... Andrew played in the spray area, Savannah on the playground. Then we headed home and filled up the pool while I sat and read and the kids played.

A nice relaxing Father's Day... Even though we already celebrated last Sunday. The kids have asked to make me supper tonight for Father's Day... They've decided they want to make pasta. I'm not sure what kind, but I know I'll be lending a hand or two... I DON'T think they're ready for boiling water.

Kids go to work with me tomorrow for awhile... Working at a house with a pool and my customer made a point of telling me to bring them on Monday. They're looking forward to it. Hopefully I'll get done everything I need to, though.

Your continued prayers would be greatly appreciated... For Laurie and her group and for the kids and I.

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments: