Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Thoughts from the Front Porch

I don't really spend much time just "writing" on my blog anymore... Seems like it's become more of a photo blog than anything. Some of that is because I've been busier the last couple of months due to work, but also I've noticed that I use Twitter as a "thought communicator" where I use to use blog entries to that more. I'm going to make an attempt at writing more over the next few weeks and not just post photos.

I've been sitting on my front porch for over an hour now while we received a nice rain... Slept in a little but I always like to sit out here in the morning, especially when it's raining. Hearing the rain on the trees and on our front awning always reminds me of Brazil and my Amazon trip in 2006. Hmmmm... A desire to return continues in me.

Laurie leaves for Morocco on Friday... The kids and I are helping to take the group up to O'Hare - that's going to be a day full of mixed emotions. I'm VERY excited for Laurie and the experience that she will have, but will feel empty without her here. No fears or worries or doubts on my part for her... I feel totally awesome about her going and am excited for her - Just sadness of not having her here. Laurie is my best friend, my co-partner, my "other half" and my love. She makes me feel complete... I will feel incomplete until she returns.

The kids and I will have fun. Though... They'll only be here with me until Wednesday, June 24th. On that day I hand them over to my parents for a few days. Then we move them to Laurie's parents on Sunday, June 28th - they'll come home the same day Laurie returns... Wednesday, July 1st.

Andrew has had some concern about Laurie's trip to Morocco... Not the flight (we've kept them from hearing/seeing anything about the recent Air France crash), but her safety in Morocco. We've had a few good talks about it and he's feeling much better. Savannah... Well, she's been just fine with her mommy leaving.... Not sure what that really means, but I'm sure she'll have a few sad moments - especially in the evenings.

Ok... It's stopped raining and I have a full day planned. More tropical plants to install at a house, as well as several shrubs to remove to create another tropical garden by installing 50 bromeliads (Yes, bromeliads). I also have a perennial bed restoration project to work on for a new customer.

The wind is picking up a little, which is not my friend when trying to plant... Hoping for a productive and positive day.


Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments: