Monday, June 22, 2009

Laurie/Morocco Update #4

Received word that Laurie and her group made to Village of Hope today, where they will be the remainder of this week through Sunday. They traveled to Village of Hope by "Grand Taxi" (I'm fairly certain it wasn't a super-sized Hummer limo or anything that "grand" like the kids and I saw coming out of O'Hare last Friday). The had time to unpack, get organized and get oriented for their week before having dinner.

It sounds like they have a little nicer accommodations than what they have had in the past... still not 5-star by any means, but "luxury" compared to most living situations in that area.

They spent a portion of Sunday at the market in Meknes, which I'm sure was a very interesting experience for them all. THAT is when I wish I was with Laurie to look at things in the market... Yes, we like to shop together :-).

No word directly from Laurie today, but I did send a quick text letting her know how HOT it is here. Generally it is hotter there than here at this time... however, today I saw we reached 95-degrees with a heat index of 101. For Tuesday our temperature forecasts are the same at 94-degrees... But, here are the temperature forecasts Wednesday - Sunday:

Bloomington - Tue (94) Wed (94) Thurs (86) Fri (91) Sat (93) Sun (86)
Meknes - Tue (94) Wed (90) Thurs (87) Fri (82) Sat (81) Sun (83)

I have to say I'm laughing at how Laurie was preparing herself for the HEAT they would be experiencing in Morocco :-) ALTHOUGH... if she were here she could be wearing shorts, tank tops and flip flops and hitting the pool almost every day in a bikini. Not so in Morocco... long skirts with leggings underneath, long sleeves and a hat. I was just outside for all of 10-minutes taking some quick photos of flowers and came in DRENCHED in sweat, literally.... And I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt. I can't imagine wearing what Laurie has to in 94 degree weather. At least when I chose to go somewhere hot (Amazon River) little clothing is the norm and acceptable.

No comments: