Friday, June 26, 2009

Laurie/Morocco Update #6

Not much communication from Laurie the last couple of days... although she did send me a quick text yesterday via Brian's phone so say how much she's loving it there. She's been amazed by the stories some families have shared with them. She also said they went to a market and I would love what she bought :-)

Today I received an email update on the group from the wife of the group leader:

Received a text from Bill earlier saying yesterday, Thursday, the group had a big work day with painting, working in a medical clinic, and

Helping them get ready for their school graduation on Saturday. Laurie, one of the group members, will be speaking at graduation so pray for her.

I understand it is not always very easy to speak with a translator.

Today he said the weather was beautiful and cool—in the 80’s!!!!! They had the opportunity to visit with different families from the Village of Hope.

They are having a great time (so our prayers are being answered)

Bill had asked Laurie back a couple of weeks ago to speak at the graduation while they were in Morocco, but even though Laurie is a teacher at ISU, she isn't all that comfortable speaking in front of people... But, it sounds like she finally agreed to do it. I'm very proud of her :-)

Laurie has been gone one week now, and I have begun the countdown for her return... Now at less than 5-days. Kids are at my parents in Monmouth right now until Wednesday, I will join them tomorrow (Saturday) afternoon, then I will meet Laurie's parents here in Bloomington Sunday afternoon and they will have them until next Wednesday, July 1... the day of Laurie's return... WOO HOO!!!!!

I've done fairly well with dishes, laundry (ok, better with laundry than dishes, but... well... ok, I've kind of let the dishes go the last few days). However, I've yet to find time to make the bed, vacuum, clean Buttercup's (our canary) cage, clean up the bathroom, etc. Hmmm... I probably should do something about all of that before Wednesday :-)

No comments: