Monday, January 03, 2011

Colossians 1:15

"Christ is the visible image of the invisible God. He existed before anything was created and is supreme over all creation..."

What did this statement by Paul mean? And what is the significance of it?

Can you imagine the reactions of the Sanhedrin hearing these words by Paul, a former colleague of theirs... He is stating that Jesus IS God.

Paul isn't "just" repeating the gospel story (I don't mean for it to sound like I'm belittling the gospel story here), but is boldly making a theological statement - JESUS IS GOD.

I am always amazed by Paul's strength - not his physical strength, but his spiritual strength. And this statement was only the tip of the iceberg for Paul.

If I could have just one-one-millionth of Paul's passion for God to make bold statements such as this one presented in Colossians 1:15... changing lives and exulting our God.

Strengthen me spiritually, God. Help me to develop a passion for you that would help me exult your name through bold statements.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


No comments: