Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Colossians 3:10

"Put on your new nature, and be renewed as you learn to know your Creator and become like him."

When I get out of bed in the morning, I don't need to be reminded to put on clothes.

When I walk out the door in sub-zero weather, I don't need to be reminded to put on a coat.

When I'm getting ready to run a couple miles, I don't need to be reminded to put on my running shoes.

When I'm getting ready to prune roses, I don't need to be reminded to wear my gardening gloves.

All that said... Why do I continually forget to "put on" my Christ-like nature? Why do I need to be reminded to stop acting, saying, thinking, looking, feeling, being, doing ... Those old "clothes" should have been thrown away long long ago. But, I still keep trying to put them on. And in turn, they keep me from knowing and understanding Christ better and more fully.

As I wake up each morning and go through my day, I have to learn to instinctively and naturally put on my Christ-like nature [clothes]. No iPhone popup notifications, no sticky notes on the bathroom mirror, no string tied around my finger...

Father, forgive me for not putting on your nature as I should. Help me to be more intentional and instinctive in how I "dress" for life each and every day.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


No comments: