Sunday, January 16, 2011

Colossians 1:9-10

"So we have not stopped praying for you since we first heard about you. We ask God to give you complete knowledge of his will and to give you spiritual wisdom and understanding. Then the way you live will always honor and please the Lord, and your lives will produce every kind of good fruit. All the while, you will grow as you learn to know God better and better."


I'm pretty sure I have never prayed for someone as passionately as Paul states above for the people of Colossae. Granted, this is Paul we're talking about... The great first century evangelist, a chosen leader by God, the greatest church planter in history.

But, why... Why can't we pray passionately and continually for people in such a way like Paul, with confidence that God will give them "complete knowledge of his will" and "spiritual wisdom and understanding."

A quick prayer here... A little bit there... While driving, eating, playing Farmville, Tweeting. I honestly don't know what it means to "continually pray" for someone. Maybe I'm being too honest or transparent here... and no one will ever believe me again when I say "I'll be praying for you." But, REALLY... I don't know how to passionately and continually pray. (Or, as Paul says above "not stopped praying for you.")

Maybe it's due to my "spiritual ADD" that I'm pretty sure I have... Am I the only one who has this problem?

Father, teach me to pray... Teach me to passionately pray. Teach me to passionately pray for OTHERS. Teach me to passionately pray for OTHERS... continually.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: