Saturday, February 05, 2011

Happy Birthday Mother

What a FUN Friday night we had... We headed back to my hometown of Monmouth, Illinois and celebrated my mom's 75th birthday with a surprise party with my brother, sisters and their families.

We met at Cerar's Barnstormer Restaurant for a very nice meal then headed to a local hotel for relaxing, chatting, laughing and cake eating. And what a cake!!! We asked our very talented and artistic friend Krista Gaff, also known as Sugar Mama and owner of Sugar Mama Custom Cakes, to design a cake based on a quilt my mom made a few years ago. It was AWESOME!!! And very yummy, too. Here is a picture of the "quilt cake" she made...

Quilt cake


What a special night, for a special mom... Happy Birthday Mother!!!


You can follow Sugar Mama on Twitter and Facebook... We also HIGHLY recommend her cupcakes... WOW!!! My personal favorite is snickerdoodle :-)

No comments: