Tuesday, February 08, 2011

You Talkin' To Me?

We're studying the book of Isaiah this year in BSF, which not an easy book for me to study. I don't really "get into" prophecy, end times, etc. - I know that maybe doesn't sound "proper" to say, but I just don't. I have always loved to study all of the epistles, but especially Romans, Galatians, Colossians, I&II Peter, I&II Timothy, James, and I&II&III John.

Anyway... this has been a difficult year for me to really get into doing the weekly questions. But, I have thoroughly enjoyed hearing the weekly group teaching. This week, though... my mind was wandering so during the teaching time I re-read Isaiah 40 a couple of times and then Isaiah 41, too. Six different verses really popped out me tonight that I needed to hear... so I'm not feeling too guilty that I didn't listen too well to the teaching :-)

But, as I read these six verses I thought... "WOW, Isaiah... You talkin' to me?"

Isaiah 40:8
The grass withers and the flowers fade,
but the word of our God stands forever.

Isaiah 40:18
To whom can you compare God?
What image can you find to resemble him?

Isaiah 40:26
Look up into the heavens.
Who created all the stars?
He brings them out like an army, one after another,
calling each by its name.
Because of his great power and incomparable strength,
not a single one is missing.

Isaiah 40:28
Have you never heard?
Have you never understood?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of all the earth.
He never grows weak or weary.
No one can measure the depths of his understanding.

Isaiah 40:31
But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
They will walk and not faint.

Isaiah 41:10
Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.
Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you.
I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.

Thankful for times like tonight that even though I had a hard time listening to the verbal teaching, God still taught me through reading his Word.

It's back to Colossians tomorrow, though... I've had a week to think through what I was going to blog about last Tuesday, but with the blizzard and the kids home for three days, my days became a little confused and out of routine.

No comments: