Monday, February 28, 2011

I'm Green

If you know me, you know I'm all about GREEN ... But, the green life I live sometimes is not the healthy type.

I struggle with jealousy... Or as Shakespeare accurately termed it, "the green-ey'd monster." Some days I only see what others have, can do, own, look like, act like, drive, talk into, type on, live in, travel to... And my eyes turn from brown to an evil jealous green.

I hate this about me... And it does nothing good for me and my walk with God. But, it's so hard to ignore.

So, once again I close my eyes, take a few deep breaths, and repeat to myself over and over and over...
"Think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth."
Colossians 3:2
Father, help me to be thankful for what you've given me, satisfied with what I have, and eyes only for your glory.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: