Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Thinking Green

I'm sitting here listening to the howl of the wind and watching the snow build quickly through a nearby window... and thinking GREEN...
Banana leaf wallpaper 1280x800
Yes... I'm thinking of summer... green leaves, colorful flowers, singing birds, flighty butterflies, bug-eyed dragonflies. Ahhhhhhh... I can't wait!!!

But, I guess we need to get through this crazy blizzard first. I was out twice this afternoon shoveling snow... HOW CRAZY IS THAT!? I guess I was trying to get a clearing for the 12-plus more inches of snow we're suppose to get tonight. And, after having a nice 3-mile run this morning I felt a burst of energy that needed to be used.

It'll sure be interesting to see what everything looks like in the morning... We're not sure how much we've already received in snow today, but Laurie and I are guessing 6 or more inches. It's so hard to tell because it's blowing so severely... I've tried to keep an area clear for Tumnus (our silky terrier) to go potty, but... that's not working so well. Earlier I took him out and after making down our porch steps, he became a little confused at the next set of steps down to the sidewalk... they weren't there. So, he just took a dive where he thought the steps were located. When he landed he just stood there and stared back at me, like I was going to go pick him up and rescue him. He finally realized it was all up to him, so he took off to quickly find a place to do his wee wee. Yes, it was cute :-)

Ok... enough fun. I need to get back to work. Yes, work... SO much to do right now, and little to no motivation to get things done. But, I thought I'd better take advantage of this bit of motivation I've had over the past 24-hours. So... ONWARD!!!

No comments: